Central Transport Training
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions listed below form a contract between the “customer” undertaking a transport training course and central transport training “the company”
In these terms and conditions of trading for Central Transport Training and CTT (Wolverhampton) Limited means CTT. The Client/customer means the person(s), Company or Organisation to whom the services of CTT are provided.
1. Course fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. CTT reserve the right to charge interest on any overdue accounts at a rate of 3% over the base-lending rate of Lloyds Bank plc in force at the date of invoice. Such interest shall accrue from day to day.
2. Deposits are non refundable and courses must be completed within 6 months of booking.
3. In accordance with the consumer protection (distance selling) regulations 2000, where a program/course is booked without face to face contact, a customer may cancel a contract up until the expiry of a period of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the contract is concluded. These regulations will only apply if you book a course by telephone, fax, post or electronically using the Internet. They will not apply if you visit a training centre in person to book a course. This period of consumer protection will be known as the cooling off period. Cancellations must be received in writing with proof of delivery (registered post) to our office within seven days.
4. In accordance with the consumer protection (distance selling)(Amendment) Regulations 2005 if the performance of the contract has begun with the consumer’s agreement within the cooling off period described in term (3) the right to cancel ends within the cooling off period. For clarity this means if the customer requests the course training materials to be sent to him immediately after booking the course, the right to cancel ends at that point.
5. CTT has a minimum charge of one hour, at the hourly rate that is in force at the time of invoice, our minimum charge is for one hour or any part of one hour.
6. All non-account company clients will be issued our invoice seven days prior to course commencement for immediate payment; in the event of non-payment the forth-coming course will be terminated.
7. All company account holders must be aware that we require full payment of our invoice’s within seven days of the invoice date. If invoices remain outstanding after the due date we reserve the right to appoint our own bailiffs to collect any monies due. Any bailiff costs will be added to the amount outstanding.
8. Course cancellations must be made in writing and sent via recorded delivery to arrive no later than 28 days prior to course commencement, less than 28 days notice will result in all fees being forfeited.
9. CTT can not be held responsible for tests that are cancelled by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency)
10. CTT can not guarantee test dates or times, if a Saturday or evening test is required these are only given at the sole discretion of the DSA and are subject to their current terms and conditions.
11. Should ‘9’ occur the customer will be charged 1 days additional hire of the vehicle which may be reclaimed back from the DSA.
12. In the event of a vehicle breakdown CTT will provide one extra lesson free of charge.
13. CTT accept no financial penalty. i e. loss of wages etc in respect of conditions ‘9’ or ‘12’
14. CTT reserves the right to terminate any customer whilst on their course whom they or their representatives consider a danger to themselves or anyone else, and proportion the fees accordingly.
15. All customers must be in possession of all legal driving documentation whilst attending their training and tests.
16. Customers whom are considered by the company or its representatives to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will have their course terminated and all fees forfeited.
17. CTT cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings that the customer may leave in a vehicle or at company premises.
18. The customer must produce to the theory test centre staff and the DSA driving examiner both parts of their driving licence. On the day of the driving test the customer must produce both parts of their driving licence, with the correct provisional entitlement along with their theory pass certificate, if required.
19. CTT. Purchase on behalf of the customer tests from the DSA and any monies paid by us, on our customer’s behalf, to the DSA are subject to their terms and conditions. i.e. cancellation penalties.
20. Failure to attend on any dates and times on any part of the course that customer has booked will also result in lost fees.
21. The duration of a typical driving course is as follows, a five day course consists of: four days tuition with the test on the fifth day, on a “basic” course the daily duration is five hours per day and an “extended” course’s daily duration is eight hours. All of our driving courses are based on an instructor / candidate ratio of 1:2, one instructor to two trainees. Training days are usually consecutive, however due to DSA test dates this may not always be possible.
22. CTT offers a no smoking policy and customers are asked to observe the no smoking restrictions whilst on CTT premises or in the CTT training vehicles.
23. CTT carries public liability insurance to a limit of £1,000,000.00 for any one incident; all insurance policies are available for inspection upon request. Uninsurable losses, the mirrors fitted to the training vehicles are uninsurable if these are damaged during the training course or subsequent tests CTT reserve the right to charge the customer the full reinstatement costs and any vehicle down time incurred. In the event of an accident the customer is liable to pay any insurance excess.
24. CTT shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or delay of any kind whatsoever arising out of or as a result of any training courses undertaken, however caused to the client, employee of the client or any third party, by any act, default or omission except insofar as such liability cannot be excluded by law.
25. Should there be a complaint by any customer or their representatives for whatever reason, it will be the responsibility of the course administrator who will deal with the complaint fairly on behalf of the customer, provided that it has been sent in writing by recorded post within seven days of the course ending.
26. CTT will endeavour to keep customers with the same vehicle and instructor wherever possible and will not unduly transfer customer from vehicles or instructors except due to mechanical failure, vacation or sickness, we cannot guarantee for re-test purposes the same instructor or vehicle.
27. Tuition is normally with two trainees in the same vehicle at the same time, should a customer require “1 to1” or solo instruction this can be arranged at the time of booking by paying double the course cost.
28. Should a customer become ill whilst attending their driving course any training not received will be given at a later date subject to us receiving a “Doctors note” within seven days from the first day of illness.
29. CTT guarantees to provide a vehicle that meets the DSA requirements.
30. We reserve the right to take any outstanding balances due from the customer’s credit/debit card.
31. All additional training or tests must be paid in advance of a booking.
32. All customers are deemed to have read and accepted our terms and conditions and will have received them when enquiring about CTT courses.
CTT Group September 2009