HIAB (Lorry Mounted Crane)
Duration : 1 Day
Lorry-mounted cranes are often referred to as HIAB’s. "HIAB" is a proprietary name of a Lorry Loader manufacturer and is a generically accepted term for a lorry loader (e.g. Hoover and vacuum cleaners).
The safe and effective use of any lorry loader is entirely dependent upon the knowledge and skills of the operator, and to fully understand the operating procedure as not to place themselves or others at risk.
Health and Safety at Work
Under section 2 of the Health and Safety Act 1974, it shall be the duty of the employer to ensure so far, as is practical:
- The health, safety and welfare of all employees whilst at work
- The Maintenance of plant and equipment
- The provision of adequate information and training
The employee also has legal duties under the Health and Safety Act at Work to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others that may be affected.
- To co-operate with they are employer and other persons in all matters relating to health and safety at work.
- No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
Health and Safety Executive or Environmental Health have powers to prosecute where these duties and not complied with by either employer or employee.